Wednesday, July 09, 2008

NIGHTMARE

I did the flea drop treatment on the dogs like I've done a few times before when the fleas have gotten so bad.Irene was fine with it,but after about a half an hour the old man came back to the bed foaming at the mouth like Cujo and stumbling about like a drunkard.Soon after,he was unable to climb up on the bed with his usual difficulty and stumbled around even more.I got the drops package and called the hotline...good for me,I'm still good in a crisis.I had unknowingly poisoned my dog,he was drifting fast.It was like GBH for dogs-OK,I watch crime shows.The hotline response?Bathe him completely in dawn washing detergent three times,complete body wash,not just the 18 inches of back I had treated...can anyone say toxic chemicals?Another problem,he absolutely fucking hates baths,and I was fixing to expose him to 3 in a row.
I would not poison my dog,I lost Sullivan to questionable yet biological circumstances,it wasn't going to happen chemically to Theo,when he goes he will be cradled in our arms and pass a normal death.
So,Ann and I jumped into action,and bathed the shit out of him.He seems ok now.
I will never use this product again on either dog...I've never trusted it entirely.
It's organics for me now.
I could not have lived with myself if I had caused his death because his scratching at night irritated me...scratch all you want old man-I welcome it.
It was a dread that was almost overwhelming...almost.It did not render me helpless.
Man...but-whoa-what a fucking freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment