Wednesday, February 06, 2008

SINGING SHEETROCKERS

We are not allowed radios at the tower,so there is singing.Traditional and or popular mexican songs.Complete with whistling in that sing-songy sort of way rivaled only by the chinese in sing-song-i-ness.It's fucking irritating,especially considering most of these guys can't carry a tune in their mud buckets.
So,this morning Chuck and I are standing in the condo of which we are currently deployed and this sheetrocker starts singing.Not only is he less than 10 feet away from us,it's 7:15 in the morning.
I start shaking my head no and say very sarcastically "Oh-no no no no NO" to which he responds "Fuck you,Puto" and we both crack up laughing.It was an awesome moment of diplomacy and friendship.Plus,he stopped.
I used to sing over them,generally singing the nastier tunes of Frank Zappa...there I was on the ladder singing "I want a horny little jewish princess,a grinder a bumper,with a pre-moistened dumper"complete with whistling the kazoo part of the song.That didn't work,but it was fun,especially when I would sing"Hey! Im only fourteen Sickly n thin ,Tried all of my life ,Just to grow me a chin.It popped out once But my dad pushed it in.Why did he hurt me? Hes my next of kin...Hes a mex-i-kin".
That one turned some heads.
But we're all friends now...really.

No comments:

Post a Comment