Friday, February 15, 2008

Off the Hook
I finally stopped by the Super Wal-Mart that is right on my way home from work to check out the grocery prices. Folks have been telling me that I could save a bunch of money shopping there and with the current financial situation I decided I'd have to see for myself if the prices were indeed so great that I ought to abandon my policy of not giving them my money. I have to admit there is some gas savings to be had by shopping there since it's right on my way home, but grocery-wise we wouldn't come out ahead. That pretty much lets me off the hook of feeling like I need to shop there to save money. Maybe if you are the kind of person that only buys popular brand-name items then you could save a bundle, but we've found a lot off off-brands that we actually like better. HEB in particular has a lot of Hill Country brand items that we like better than the name brand equivalent. Even though I hate shopping at HEB because the atmosphere sucks, it's still the best bang for the buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment