Thursday, February 28, 2008

OUCH

I was trying to take a short cut at work today,trying to bang a box into the wall with my kleins (pliers)with both hands.I was hitting it pretty hard and missed-hey,it happens-jamming the corner of the box bracket (read L-shaped razor blade) into my left thumb,just behind the knuckle.Hard enough that I had to pull it out.
And while there was not an immediate explosion of blood,I could tell by the way it felt that I had hit the bone.You could describe it as a puncture wound.Upward thrust,as hard as I could.
I even thought "self,you could hurt yourself here".Duh.
The smart thing would have been to enlarge the hole a bit to accommodate the box ,but no,I could "finesse" it in there.
By the time I got to the elevator to go down to the first aid kits on the first floor,my thumb looked like a plum.
Anyhoo,I cleaned it up and bandaged it and went back to the matter at hand (I trimmed out the hole like I should of done in the first place).Needless to say,when working with your hands, joints continue to flex and move,so it never really stopped bleeding.Yet I soldiered on,like a good electrician does :).


-ouch-

This is a work bandage...shitty bandage from shitty first aid kits augmented with electrical tape to keep it in place.Another alternative is bathroom paper towel and electrical tape.It stays put-trust me.

On a lighter note,we had a tube of ground turkey that needed to be cooked.Ann left it up to me to decide what it would be...
I layered the browned turkey with scalloped potatoes and cheddar cheese and topped it with french fried onions.
White trashy?Yes.
School cafe on a limited budget?Yes.
Tasty? Hell yeah.
The only thing missing was the white bread on the side and the pearl beer.
And,oh yeah,the hound dogs.And the banjos.HA!
I should open a cafe...






No comments:

Post a Comment