Monday, February 25, 2008

DRUNK TANK

I've been talking to an old friend in Colorado for several weeks now about this problem I have.I started to write about this a while back,and then chickened out.I'm not sure why I did,because it's no secret that I'm a booze hound.Back in the day you could say I was a "party guy"who liked to "have a good time".But these days,not so much.I'm just a drunk.And for a long time I was what you would call a functional drinker.But there have been moments,fuck that-years,where the bottle got ahead of me.
I have never been a proponent of the 12 steps,and neither is my friend.Actually,it's kind of ridiculous to think that this guy is helping me,because we have done some pretty amazing drunky shit together over the years,making his wife really proud of us.Ha.Ha.Love ya Lisa!
But ,with his weekly phone calls and our conversations I have begun to get a handle on this thing-sort of.
It's kind of scary realizing what a spiral I've been in,and to really think about things...Like I said in a previous entry,I'm a pretty lucky guy all things considered.But I am unhappy,no,unsettled is a better way to describe the terrain I'm currently deployed on.
Which explains the weepy introspection and sad songs I'm surrounding myself with.
I think I need to go see my Mom and Dad this weekend,maybe that will help.
I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment