Saturday, June 11, 2005

THE WORK THAT I DO

We're on a pretty big job in one of the engineering buildings that involves some pretty big equipment and 3 sizes of conduit...2", 1.5" and 3/4" . The 2" conduit only runs about 100 feet, but the 1.5 and 3/4" will end up running about 300 ft. each. The machine room hums like a hive there are so many switch gears and transformers. I took some pictures.

This is where I spend a lot of my time...up inside the suspended ceilings.You can see our pipe running along the left wall, all neat and professional.


This is a 120/208 volt switchgear...the silver pipe coming out of the top is ours, I had to drill the hole for it and then stick my hands inside to attach the connector...nerve wracking.


This is a 277/480 volt switchgear...where our 2" conduit originates... thats it on the right.I had to drill this one out too. Miscalculate the depth or drop something on the bars and it's arc city and time for a trip to the burn unit or the morgue.


Some seriously big circuit breakers...the kind you have to wind up with a spring fulcrum.

When I started this job a year ago, this kind of stuff terrified me...not so much anymore. You just have to be careful.
Very very careful.

And here's a treat for suffering through my electrical picture story...enjoy.....




I loves my little turtles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment