Friday, June 24, 2005

A change of plans
I did nothing today that I had planned to do on my day off other than drink beer. The Depthmarker template went kaput yesterday for reasons unknown. Neither one of us had touched the template and no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything wrong with the code. So I eventually gave up and just snagged a new one and customized it. This should not have taken five hours, but with a flaky internet connection, much of that time was spent moving the antenna around, then waiting for changes to save and be previewed, then moving the antenna around again prior to making the next round of template changes. It was pretty frustrating and by the time the beer had kicked in enough to mellow me out, I was done. I suppose it was just as well that I didn't spend the day doing housework, laundry and gardening because the band is getting together tonight for the first time in a coon's age and I wouldn't have wanted to be all tired out prior to the festivities. And now that I have just the right buzz to jam, the trick is going to be to maintain that perfect level for the next five hours. I used to be really good at doing that, but I'm very much out of practice these days. Hopefully I'll be awake and sober enough when we get home to post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment