Monday, June 27, 2005

A DAMAGED HUMAN BEING

I try to make it home by 5 everyday except friday so I can watch reruns of NYPD Blue on court TV. I've been doing this for some time now, and while that bit of info along with the former would make me the damaged human being in question...I'm not.
It's Sipowitz...Yeah, him, good old fat and drunk Andy Sipowitz. Anyone whose bothered to follow this guy through his paces knows that he is scarred by his experience in Viet Nam, made worse by his substance abuse, and complicated by his efforts to deal with a racist background that he is at best ambivilent about but deeply and forever biased.
He has an unwavering sense of justice to boot...add these all together and you got me one damaged human being.
Who grows up before your very eyes. Like in tonights episode where he tells Sylvia "Don't give up on me yet" and follows that pathetic line up with " And I mean it about liking you".
Sylvia buys into it. Sweet. He's got her fooled. Or does he? Does he really mean it? I mean, what would any middle aged guy think to gain from using 8th grade terms of endearment? Unless he's seriously fucked up.
Like I said...Kelly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment