Tuesday, February 17, 2004

TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE
I got tickets for the SUBHUMANS show today!!!It's tomorrow night!!! I busted out my steel toe gripfast wingtips (burgundy and black) for the occasion.I've got the requisite black leather motorcycle jacket ready to roll. I've got the old worn in 501 levis and the black leather belt... the wallet chain...the black t shirt...the attitude. I'm gonna look like a fish out of water, probably. "whose that old guy poser"? or some such.......I'm 44 fucking years old for chrissakes...do I care?No...I don't.I was there at the beginning.
I wish I could adequately explain to you what this band meant/means to me.
The other night I loaded up the cd player with their albums (see?) and hit shuffle and rode the wayback machine to another time...a time of passion,heart,anger,youth and disgust with the system.
I've been so busy living that I've forgotten how disgusted I am with the world I'm struggling to live in.I remember now...I'm not so slackjawed.
My hearts been beating a bit harder these days as I remember those days.
Fondly.
I can't wait.
And the tickets were only 10.00 each...true to the form.Take that, you fucking Rolling Stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment