Thursday, February 26, 2004

THE PASSION OF THE BANK
I haven't seen Mel's movie yet, and I probably won't.But since everyone and their cousin's speculating about it (and nothings been happening around here worth note) I figured I'd throw my 2 cents into the mix.
Mel says he had a revelation...I bet it went something like this : Jim Carey makes more money than I do, what can I do that will cause such a sensation that I can make a kajillion bucks? Since I'm burned out on acting, why don't I make a film that will bring just about every group to a fever pitch on one side or the other utilizing my cloudy memories of my fucked up catholic upbringing? BRILLIANT.
I give to you the passion of the christ.
controversial? check.
Accurate? Who really knows-who really cares? Check.
Violent? Apparently so...bloodily so. Check.
Spiritual? No, but it will be deemed so by the film critics who were also fucked up by growing up catholic...Mel can't lose.Check.
Lots of box office,lots of press,lots of air time,lots of controversy...sounds like the catholic church...beh.
Bottom line for Mel? Ka-Ching!!!
(I posted this yesterday but blogger ate it...and apparently spit it back up today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment