Sunday, February 29, 2004

HERE WE ARE NOW
I'm all packed up for the Texas independence day cordite fest and BBQ. Hopefully the weather will hold out and it won't rain tomorrow (at least until were done). Overcast is good, in fact I'm counting on it. I have one magazine loaded with every other red tracer round and one with green tracers.
Hey... it's a holiday after all.
So, here we are now...1:41am and I'm in the tank...too many rocks no salt I'm afraid (if you could see me typing this you would be laughing.... hard).
I am up this late only because I got some new CD label software. I spent half the day learning it and up until now making killer templates for my band and a variety of other bands... covers too.
And in between, we managed a trip to Maudies where we got THE austin demographic pie chart in real time.
Here it is by table:
Table 1 : 6 underage kids with fake ID's...which were scrutinized by the staff and deemed legit...If any of these kids were legit piss in my face and tell me it's raining. They reminded me of peanut's characters. Loud and obnoxious.
Table 2 : 5 twentysomething austinconscious hipsters. Lookin' oh so cool and keepin' it on the down low. (I like this demographic).
Table 3 : 10 thirtysomethings... the women are starting to crash but insist on wearing clothes the table 2 people wear with slinky slinky pride :). When the southern shift begins please don't deny it and please... try not to look so pissed off about it, especially when you're looking at the girls at table 2, it's undignified, really.
Table 4 : Breeders... 8 of them. And they brought their progeny with....from toddlers to blanket covered amoeba in car seat/carrier/portable crib..they are here and they are LOUD and ACTIVE and fucking annoying. The adults are oblivious to what, to me, is tantamount to the holocaust...well,not really (it's the tequila talking:) ). Suffice to say, I don't like kids in a restaurant unless they are sufficiently muzzled.
Table 5 : Me and Ann... A fortysomething couple with one adult kid (mine from a previous ) struggling to hear each other over the din of tables 1 through 4 ,(thank god there isn't a table of nonsmokers stupid enough to take a table on the deck where smoking is ALLOWED yet have the balls to make faces at me for doing what I'm ALLOWED to do and then indignantly move inside to the no smoking area...fuck you).
And in our indigence of all those who offended us, we wonder, are we becoming bitter and set in our ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment