Saturday, February 07, 2004

I love my new job
I love my new job and here's proof. I was at the office this morning, on a SATURDAY, at the ungodly hour of 6:30 in the morning. I wasn't asked to do this nor was I "expected" to do this. No, I volunteered. And trust me, if was I working for a company such as WalMart, then someone would have had to threaten me with death before I'd drag my ass out of bed that early on a Saturday. "Fuck you, fire me!" would be a likely response because I am not naturally a "morning person". I can, through effort and planning, transform myself into a "morning person" if circumstances require, but those circumstances had damn well better be worth it. I have been know to pop out of bed at 4:30 in the morning on a Saturday to hit the road for an weekend camping trip, but I really can't think of any other reason that would compel me to to do that. But this job... yeah, I've only been there a week, but... this is a place worth getting out of bed that early on a Saturday morning.

PS - Yes, they have an answer for my dog Theo's button fetish. Free advice is an employee perk and when you have three dogs, that's a nice perk.

No comments:

Post a Comment