Saturday, February 21, 2004

SCORE!
After our trip to the zoo...I mean dinner last night, Ann and I went to Cheapos. They have used CD's as far as the eye can see... a huge place.
I was looking for a particular,hard to find CD by another 80's UK punk outfit Flux of Pink Indians...Didn't find it...found another Flux CD and got it.
Not impressed.
But I did find some other ones on my list:
Sixty Watt Shaman : Reason to Live. Very nice.....:) Clutch like,and like Clutch,from Maryland.
Therapy? : High Anxiety. Very nice...a return to form after a couple of disappointing efforts.
T.S.O.L : Change Today? : Very different from other T.S.O.L efforts...very Thin White Rope influenced (that's a good thing). I saw the tour supporting this release in '86.
I remember it well because this skinhead kept slamming into me no matter how many dirty looks I gave him, and I finally grabbed him and pegged his ass up and against
a pole with his feet about 6 inches off the floor. He just smiled and asked me for a cigarette....end of conflict,for us anyway.We smoked,shot the shit,shook hands and off he went. About 30 minutes later I saw a frat boy throw the same skinhead across 2 tables...he looked like he was flying!
Ann scored D.R.I : Crossover. Hey it has "5 year plan" on it, nuff said...they are one of the best punk/metal hybrids ever. (brush with greatness:the drummer was in a treatment center my ex worked at).
Ann also,for some reason,got Molly Hatchet's Flirting with disaster...ok....I sometimes have that song run through my head, usually when I'm 3 sheets, what ever floats your boat:)
If your inclined you can explore the above mentioned bands and more like them at :
STONERROCK.COM
They have an extensive jukebox of all manner of heavy rock and roll.
Please excuse the erratic punctuation.....I channel Kerouac,ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment