Monday, February 02, 2004

ART
I have always been a wanna be artist , since I can remember. I have always drawn,written songs or done some other related artsy thing all my life.
Probably the most prolific thing I did (besides getting tattoos) was cartooning.
I started the cartooning thing in junior high school and continued with it off and on till the late 80's early '90's...sadly,I don't have much of what I produced in school...but somewhere around 1983 I created a character named Brillo and his friends...I didn't start out to make an autobiographical cartoon,but that's what it became...I was Brill' and his friends were my friends, and the adventures mirrored what were the cultural times of the day: punk rock (the austin version anyway) , drug use, relationships...oh the hell with it:sex,drugs and rock and roll.
I have a notebook somewhere with the bulk of these cartoons in it...if I can find it,I thought I'd scan them and post them here every once and a while...hey,why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment