Saturday, September 13, 2003

The suspected major complication
I held off on posting this because I thought more information might come to light on the status of my dad. But alas, all I know at this point is that they might have to do more surgery and he might be there for at least another week. Dad's somewhat medicated so he's not the best source of information. Mom was just too exhausted for me to ask her for details she probably didn't know when she called tonight for help on installing her new "Learn to speak Spanish" program. In my family, reaching for the learning material is a definate sign of emotional overload and all four of us (mom, dad, brother, and myself) do this. I've never thought about it before, but I wonder if any other family behaves this way. Does anyone else find a sudden desire to learn Spanish or how to be a Linux network adminstrator in the midst of a crisis? I've been itching for a book on Cisco certifications myself. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment