Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Break Time
I'm about half way through my big project for the day which is to rearrange, clean and straighten the office. This is an attempt to prevent the "dog carpet" phenomenon that occurs when Rob and I are both in the office on our computers. All three dogs like to join us and the limited floor space turns into a solid "dog carpet" in the pathway between our desks and the doorway. This causes trips to the bathroom or kitchen to frequently turn into, well, "trips". As in, tripped over the dog because he/she decided to stand up at the precise moment one of us stepped over him/her. The other goal is to block dog access to the window because Theo has suddenly decided after 4 or 5 years that he doesn't like cats wandering around in the front yard and absolutely freaks out every time he spots one. As a result, all the software CDs have been knocked off the rack and even the trash can has gone flying across the room several times. Anyway, the half-way point seemed a good time to fix a little lunch and do some blog reading. My list is getting a bit long and I suppose I'm already at the point where I couldn't read them all once I do finally find a job, but for now I have still have plenty of time :)

My first chuckle of the day came from Lorraine with this post about alternatives to nursing homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment