Sunday, September 14, 2003

Exhausted
Today has been home improvement day. As in cart all the furniture out of the bedroom, go to Home Depot and spend too much money on paint and other miscellaneous needs and scrub and spackle walls. The original plan was for us to just sleep on the couch and loveseat and not set up the bed until the bedroom was finished. I threw that idea out the window once I realized the bed would actually fit back in the den if we nestled it in the L formed by the couch and loveseat (and moved the coffee table.) I couldn't find a tape measure, but determined it would fit because the mattress was "fingertip to fingertip of outstretched arms plus an arm" X "my height plus arm upraised, minus a wrist and hand". Am I the only one that measure things this way when one can't find a tape measure? Rob: "What are you doing laying on the floor?" Ann: "I'm measuring to see if the bed will fit." Rob looks at Ann likes she's crazy. But hey, it worked and the bed is all set up back there and ready for my tired body. I'm off now to go take a shower and experience what I hope will be a wonderful night's sleep. I'm going to need one of those because tomorrow I have to tackle cleaning the wall covered in 20 year old wallpaper paste that REFUSES to come off even with a super strong solution of TSP. I'm hoping the wall paper removal gel I ran out and bought works better. If not, I have a wall-paper steamer I can drag out and try since I'm pretty sure steam will clean anything (but steam and warm humid days don't mix very well so I'll save that as a last resort.)

No comments:

Post a Comment