Monday, September 15, 2003

Just call me Cinderella
One moment I'm scrubbing the walls and the next thing I know there's a beep from my Nextel phone (the modern fairy godmother) informing me that my Prince Charming will be here in an hour or so to whisk me away for an afternoon of adult beverages and scintillating conversation at the place of my choosing. Dinner to follow if I wish and Prince Charming knows this chain of events is Cinderella's favorite thing to do, smart man that he is. Unfortunately he seems to have forgotten that the modern fairy godmother doesn't provide a handy change of clothes. My clothes were in the dresser we got rid of and are now in a box somewhere pending reassembly of the bedroom. This might be Austin, but I seriously doubt the "lounge pants" and old T-Shirts that I put aside to wear during this home improvement venture would garner me any appreciative looks. However, all is not lost because Cinderella happens to wear the exact same size jeans and T-Shirts as Prince Charming whose dresser is still intact and accessible so while she may not be wearing a ball gown, she will at least be wearing something other than pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment