Friday, September 12, 2003

The Friday Five
1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
Different last name because I took Rob's last name we married. My first name matches my birth certificate now, but it didn't match for the first 30 years of my life because they made a mistake and chopped the AnnMarie in half and stuck the Marie in the middle name slot and just threw the middle name of Jane out the window. My mom finally got around to correcting it when I was 33. That's why I'm known as both Ann and AnnMarie. I tend to be known as "Ann" to friends and "AnnMarie" to family and coworkers.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
Right now I can't think of any other names I'd rather have, but once upon a time in grade school I wished my first name was Tina. I have no idea why. I didn't know anyone named Tina so maybe that was it.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
My first name is from a relative several generations back. Her name was Annamarie, but Mom went with AnnMarie for some reason. Maybe to make it more English rather than the original German. I have a feeling that if she had left it Annamarie, my birth certificate probably would have been correct the first time. My middle name is MaryJane after my Godmother as far as the Catholic church is concerned, but it was shortened to Jane for the birth certificate. However, Jane never made it on the birth certificate until I was 33 and shortly thereafter poor, neglected Jane got replaced with my maiden name.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
I used to hate the name Ann when I was in school, but only because I knew I was supposed to be AnnMarie. I never understood why the teachers insisted I be called Ann just because that was what was on my birth certificate. After I while I got used to it and didn't hate the name anymore.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn't it?
kabalarian.com says:
Your first name of Annmarie has made you happiest when you are expressing in some creative, artistic way, and not conforming to strict routine. In a large group of comparative strangers, you are quiet and rather shy, unable to express yourself, not really wanting to become involved in conversation. On the other hand, among friends with whom you feel at ease, you are expressive, witty, and quite charming. These contrasting natures make it difficult for people to understand you and can lead to friction in your personal life. You are deep, philosophical, and refined, but your extremely sensitive nature causes you to become depressed and self-pitying over any real or imagined slight. If you are not careful, people take advantage of your generous nature. You find the beauties of nature, fine music, art, and literature--all the deeper things of life--inspiring. The reserved, sensitive side of your nature brings aloneness and friction into your life, although you crave affection and understanding.
There are things in this description that I don't like, but that doesn't mean they are not true. I'd have to say this was right on the money. Spooky.


No comments:

Post a Comment