Wednesday, January 31, 2007

UPDATE...31.1.07...

Another 12 hour day. I'll spare you the details, but from 4:45ish to 6:30 it was a test of my patience. Nuff said about that.
For some reason, I thought about Sullivan alot today, Mostly good stuff but that image of him crashing into the wall as he struggled to get to us. That fear clearly in his eyes then... dead and gone kept playing in big screen super dolby THX, I couldn't shake it.
Not to mention it would be disasterous to be seen crying on the job. It was The Pogues that did it, I brought my MP whatever with me today and it has Pogues on it...damn you Pogues!
I managed to suck it up by quoting some lines from Full Metal Jacket at break with some of the crew..." I see you have born to kill written on your helmet and a peace symbol on your armour, what is that? Some kind of sick joke ???
"Sir! I was trying to make a statement about the duality of man, Sir"!
And so it goes...my favorite quote from the movie.
I've been burning CD's (shhhh...!) for my buddy Ryan since he has been music deprived for a while, So every morning he's been getting 4 to 6 CD's. Ann's new computer makes burning so easy Irene could do it, and she's a tard. It's been fun to share my love of music.
This morning an extra from "Dawn of the Dead" moved my tool bag and jacket (but left 2 of my tool bags in a tool bag on the counter) And my coke at 8:15 am. Let me say that again...and my COKE at 8:15 am...a full 30 or more minutes before the arrival of the taco truck and my chance to get a coke fix, which I needed at 8:15 am.
Let me first explain zombie girl...she was part of a crew brought in to set up all the shelves and racks and uh, more shelves...a big crew of miscreants that shambled around, talked to themselves and generally creeped me out.
Zombie girl threw my coke away while she was playing hide and seek with my tools!!!
There's an old racist adage that goes something like this: Never get between a Rev and his morning coke or you'll draw back a nub. I asked the obvious: Did you not notice it was almost full and had a full compliment of ice in it??? Zombie girl responded "It felt warm, so I threw it away...sorry" and shambled off.
Property management offered me a dollar, which I declined. I did, however eat some of thier Round Rock chocolate covered donuts.
End update...
PS: New witty comic

Enjoy...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment