Thursday, January 18, 2007

I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR IN 1985...

It cost me 179.00...no case. I carried it around in the cardboard carton it came in...it was the third guitar I ever bought as an adult...


THE ORIGINAL

It was the only left handed strat I could find in Austin...funny that LH guitars would be so hard to find in the "music capitol of the world" , but I won't go there today. This is the story of a cheap guitar made good. It was a white stratocaster type, made by Arbor guitars...who? It was all stock (read...cheap ) electronics and hardware, but it was a lefty, and it was a strat. Since my discovery of southpaw in Houston, my love lust has run the gamut of my Strat to SG, to Telecaster, to ASAT and now, back to my cheap Arbor Strat.
Over the years I have changed the pickups to Seymour duncans, plus the switching and controls. and added Sperzel locking tuners. A few years ago, I stripped the white finish off and erased the Arbor logo off the headstock...I stained it natural and customized the pick guard with skeletons and wolves...because we are the Wolves@th'Door...


VERSION 2 AND A HALF OR SOMETHING

Here's a back view...I'm not sure what to do about the sticker...Andreas, the tattooist that did my back gave me that sticker, so there's some sentimental tattoo needles grinding into my back value to it...I may try to preserve it...


Godless Mother Fucker ( The guitar...not...erm...me )

So now it's time for version 3ba22cx or something...A new pick guard, courtesy of Adirondack guitars ( the guard ) out of New York. I did the stain.
If you're thinking "oh shit! He's found Jesus!": You are correct... I found him...at adirondack guitars, on a left handed pick guard for a bastard guitar I bought in 85. And here she is...
Praise Jebbus :

No comments:

Post a Comment