Thursday, January 11, 2007

Happiness is... a pair of cool shoes?
I went to the shoe store today at lunch to buy myself a new pair of practical, everyday shoes since my Doc Martins are at least 15 years old and have a worn down spot on the heel which has been giving me some lower back pain. I settled on a nice pair of black Fluevogs, but a very impractical pair of Converse style sneakers also caught my eye. Now I'm not one to spend money on myself very often and I'm certainly not much of a shoe buyer (Rob has more pairs of shoes than I do), but I couldn't take my eye off these shoes. Of course, it's not that unusual for me to want something that catches my eye, but it is very unusual for me to want something bad enough that I seriously consider buying it. And it's even rarer that I actually go through the process of purchasing it. Yet, the desire for this completely impractical pair of footwear was so great that I walked out of the store with a pair of these:



(picture snagged off the Draven website)


I put them on the moment I got back to my desk at work (even though I was breaking dress code) and I smiled the whole rest of the day. If you had told me this morning that a new pair of shoes would make me happy, I'd have refused to believe it. Just further proof that joy is sometimes found where you'd least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment