Monday, January 22, 2007



IT'S AN SG THING...

Gibson gave the les Paul (L) a radical makeover in 1961 that hasn't changed since it's introduction and is called the SG (R).
I have a SG standard that I got in Houston about 10 years ago. They come with these kind of machine heads:


Now, while it's a classic look, they are kinda shitty and break...like mine did.
So...I was buying strings for the Jebus strat the other day and saw these awesome grover machine heads that I just knew would be perfect for my SG. And the price was right...I was out the door for under 60 bucks when I got them today (but you already know that).
The guy at musicmakers said the screwholes might not line up but that was no big deal. Well, it was no deal at all, because they did. It took me longer to restring it than it took to install them.
I think I done good...



I like the little skull thing too...There's a debbil on the pick guard, so I'm thinking 666 for mine. Yesssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment