Sunday, January 28, 2007

OH MY ACHING DOGS

The ones at the end of my legs, that is. I've had the same pair of work boots for 8 or 9 months and they are worn out. No arch support and the soles are smooth. Since we've been working lots of overtime, my feet have been paying the price.I spent much of the week going up and down a 12 foot ladder installing exit lights and running pipe.
So today Ann and I went shopping. I got some new timberland boots that are hella comfy and are "shock proof" (which basically means the effect of the shock is diminished). No steel toes though, the steel toe model was out of my size. And the price was right, less than I had planned on, so I got a new coat and headlamp flashlight. The coat is a carhartt prison style (actually it's called a chore coat ), carhartt is worn by most electricians, so I guess I continue my assimilation into the culture...:).
Ann got some socks.
And a new speaker system for her computer. They sound pretty good so far...Ann's still tweaking the install.

No comments:

Post a Comment