Friday, February 02, 2007


LEFT HAND 1 , RIGHT HAND 5 , ARMPIT 1

14 hours today, in the home run closet going up and down that fucking ladder with a variety of tools and material for all of those 14 hours. Climb up and take measurements between junction boxes, climb down and bend pipe, climb up and dry fit, climb down and adjust. Climb up and put in place (or in most cases adjust again ) . Put in place , mark for straps...climb down and go find straps. Climb up and hammerdrill holes for straps,place hammerdrill on stud, hammerdrill shifts and begins to fall from ceiling, shift on ladder and catch hammerdrill like a wide receiver catches a football, white hot drill bit ends up in your armpit and sears your flesh. Climb down, go to mirror and examine new soon to be scar...not so bad. Climb back up, set straps, terminate pipe, push in wire.
Box 1 push: easy, no injury. Box 2 push: easy, no injury. Boxes 1 and 2 had 3/4 inch pipe with 9 wires each. Not a problem. Box 3 had two 1/2 inch pipes, one with 5 wires, one with 8 wires. The 5 wire folded up as I was pushing with all might, grazing my right knuckles against the edges of the box...5 times.
The 8 wire got my left pinky 1 time. This happened at the end of the night, and I was so focused on finishing ( and did not want to climb up and down that motherfucking ladder one more time )
That I ignored left pinky..."Ain't got time to bleed". I forgot about it, and when I got home I saw this bloody pinky.
I fucking love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment