Sunday, January 14, 2007


PLATOON

This is my final Bloghuh? submission. I hope you enjoyed reading here this week, I enjoyed reading yours.
I got a copy of Platoon on DVD last night and watched it today for the first time in a long time. Back when I was on the crisis intervention team at the oaks it was in heavy rotation with the after work booze and drugs and violent movie processing sessions we used to have. But when I watched it today I had a very different reaction. Back in the day it was a galvanizing event, it gave me the energy to suck it up and go back in for one more shift...how sick is that?
Today I watched in horror as reasonable men became animals, I laughed , I cried , I said "wow" alot. And I wondered what in the world were we thinking way back then?
The allegory to being on the CSO team is still there, loud and clear... The desperation, the violence, the sense of family in the face of chaos. All that and some blood on your clothes to boot.
We did amazing things at an amazing price...for me anyway.
And that's what mystify's me...people who put themselves on the line with minimal return...was it worth it?
Yes...yes it was.
Have I explained this adequately? No...there's no way I can...you had to be there.
Read the final entries of Bloghuh? Thanks BW....:)

Alley Kat

Aprosexic

Blue Witch

bob's yer uncle

Changing Places

In the Aquarium

Jen&HerBoat


Kitchen Witch

La Que Sabe

London Daily Photo

Pewari's Prattle

Purple Pen

Quixotic Evil

Santiago Dreaming

Tabula Rasa

Tiger Feet


Who Knows Where Thoughts Come From?

wintermute

No comments:

Post a Comment