Tuesday, January 09, 2007

BIG SUNDAY REVISITED

Tom Waits and bloodies turned into one great drunken adventure. As I left the house for Best buy to buy a gigantic CD wallet ( holds 363 cds ) cause I was tired of the clutter and the whole keeping them in thier cases (not) this wallet solution was genious on my part, Annabelle informs me it is Ashleighs birthday. Dammit! We love this girl! She is my little sister I never had...So, on my way to Best buy, I re-route to the third world and buy that girl some flowers. It's in the opposite direction, but who fucking cares? I'm half in the bag, logic defies me. Plus, it's little sisters birthday. I pick a giant boquet of psychedelic pansies or dasies...they were awesome. As I'm checking out in the 10 items or less lane, there's this asshole behind me talking on a bluetooth headset unloading his groceries in a way that only an asshole with a bluetooth headset could and then he pushes dear Ashlieghs flowers out of his way and potentially bruises the here to now pristine daiseys. I turn and face this ass and yell in his face " You need to CHILL the FUCK out motherfucker!!!" I think this kind of shit alot but rarely express it aloud, but remember, I was 1.5 sheets to the wind and I was on a mission. he backed up.
I was wearing my "Holy shit! Man walks on fucking moon!" t shirt, my hair was down and I was wearing my ozzy shades...he was clearly baffled, and I think, terrified.
It was awesome. It was right up there with when an unfamiliar dog jumps up in your shit. I scared the fuck out of him and then turned to the wide eyed cashier, got my change and hoped mr. bluetooth would follow mwe outside so I could kick that ridiculous earpiece into his ass. He didn't. Probably a good thing.
On to Ash's...I hadn't been to her place in the daytime in a long long time, plus I was processing vodka...so I went to the wrong house.
I'm pounding on the door with this giant crazy bunch of flowers when i hear a womans voice say "who is it?" it was the kind of voice that had crazy written all over it. I say "It's ROB!" crazy voice say's "Rob who?". I say "Rob CLATTENBURG!!!" The voice says " I don't KNOW YOU.
I think to my drunken self..."Self, maybe you got the wrong house", so I announce: I'm looking for Ashleigh XXXXXXX's" . I am directed one house to the left...we share some niceities through the door as she unloads her shotgun and then I'm pounding on Ash's door...I wake her up, but she answers the door all bleary eyed and tossled hair
I deliver the psychedelic flowers much to her delight and after some hugs and chat she goes back to bed and I head out to best buy...

No comments:

Post a Comment