Tuesday, January 30, 2007

TUESDAY UPDATE

Worked 12 hours today...focused primarily on the home runs (junctions that take all the wire from all the devices and lights back to the panels). It's high work...almost to the top of a 10 foot ladder in the closet where all the pipes come in and a 12 footer in the surrounding areas.Combine that with a shitload of tools hanging off your waist and a big ass hammer drill and it makes for a 7.5 pucker factor...well, maybe 6.5, until the ladder shifts while you're on top pushing that drill into a concrete wall...that's a 10 for sure.
My buddy Joel pointed out last night that one of the reasons I like being an electrician so much is because it enabled me to conquer my 2 biggest fears...heights and electricity. And he's right.
Don't get me wrong, I still hug that 12 foot ladder like it's Ann going up and down, but it's not so scarey anymore, besides, it's not the falling, it's the landing that gets you.

No comments:

Post a Comment