Sunday, April 10, 2005

WEDDING DAY

Well, I'm pleased to say that it went off without a hitch ( except for the one we were all there for that is ). I didn't have a fight with the step-dad ( sorry Nigel ) in fact we even exchanged what could be loosely described as pleasantries with the absence of any eye contact what so ever. My ex ignored us completely, which was ok by me. I thought about approaching her once or twice, but I'm glad I didn't. I'm not trying to be ugly, but she looked old and drawn and frail. She's had a rough go of it these last few years, and according to Kyle, she wasn't exactly thrilled about the wedding.
But enough about the parents already!
They were married at a place called "Ancient Ways"...a spiritual collective out in the country in a town called New Braunfels, about 45 miles from Austin. Brandy's mom is connected to them somehow, and let me tell you, they did the kiddos right. Paul, who did the ceremony, was a very nice guy. He and I and Ann visited for awhile and I got a really good vibe from him. Everybody there had a good vibe actually. The ceremony was nice, with Paul talking about the things that really matter in a marriage; Trust, love, support, kindness. They did this really cool thing with 2 vials, Kyle and Brandy combined them in a goblet and each drank from it.
After, there was lots of food and conversation. Out of our circle Kyle invited Jeb and his wife Chris, Joel and Ashley. Sadly,Ash had already planned to spend the weekend with her family out of town so she didn't make it. Jeb,Chris and Joel made it. I know that meant a lot to Kyle, he loves these people and has known them since he was a boy...9 years old I think. Jeb was very drunk when he arrived, and I was worried that he would do something stupid. But as it turned out, he was a big hit, as was Joel (not as drunk) apparently Pagans are among other things, very tolerant.
So....On to the pictures!

Brandy and Kyle


The wedding party


The blending

I haven't hugged my kid so much in one night in a long time, and not being much in the Ward Cleaver school of fatherly advice, I offered him this when we said goodnight. Be good to each other.
And that's really what it's all about, right?
I wore the clunky black ones BTW for all you fashionistas.


No comments:

Post a Comment