Monday, April 04, 2005

Change is hard
The Daylight Saving Time switch kicked my butt this morning. The dogs were no help when the alarm went off at 4:30 AM, a time formerly known as 3:30 AM. Usually they bounce up to go outside the moment I sit up, but this morning Theo just rolled over, looked at me and pushed in for a closer snuggle to coax me into lingering in bed a bit longer. I have to admit his plan worked and I hit the snooze bar much longer than I should have . I thought that I had some extra time because I set the coffee maker up to produce a pot automatically this morning. Alas, I forgot to put water in the damn thing so there was no hot coffee waiting for me when I did finally drag my ass out of bed. I also didn't have enough time to pack my lunch so I headed over to Wendy's at lunch time and found it the most crowded that I have ever seen it. I guess a lot of other people didn't have time to pack their lunch this morning. The good side of this time change is that I'm working an extra hour each day this week so I can have Saturday off for Kyle's wedding. My shifts end at 5 PM, the hour formerly known at 4 PM so the end of this weeks shifts feel just like last week, an unexpected benefit of this blasted time change. Now if I can just get my shit together enough to get the coffee set up correctly before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment