Sunday, April 24, 2005

MILESTONES

This blog turned 2 on the 20th. Our band had it's 10th birthday too. I haven't smoked anything other than camels in almost a year. I got a phone call the other day from LT, the guitar player in our band. He wanted to use our PA for his companies annual fish fry. Done...come get it. As an added bonus, his company paid us 50 bucks to rent it. Cool.
So LT came over yesterday and got the PA, he also hung out for the night. There was much talking and drinking. We talked about the band and decided we needed to go in another direction, try something new.
While I can't say what that direction will be exactly, we all agreed it should be a new one...in fact, several beers and screwdrivers into it, it seemed like a really good idea.
And in that moment my energy had returned...my energy to be in a band. A band from Austin-fucking-Texas, did I mention we have been around for ten years? Make that a veteran band from austin. By this fact alone, despite the reality that we have never achieved club status in our own home town, we rock.
This is where the hash comes in. As mentioned earlier, I have been buzz free for almost a year. Now, if someone came up to me and said "do you like pot"? I could say something glib and moved on without giving it another thought...I am so over pot. But that someone said " Do you like hash"? And something deep inside of me rose up and proclaimed " I fucking LOVE hash" ! before I had completely processed the question. I heard the word hash and melted, my steely resolve destroyed by the memories of lebanese blonde, the million dollar movie and pancakes with bacon.
Trust me, Love boat features are so much better after a few bowl hits and a short stack with bacon dripping with butter and syrup.
So I bought back a piece of the past, in the form of a gram of hash, and it was fun. But it wasn't the same.
I'm more focused on this new direction. Know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment