Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Music to get stoned by and then some
While Rob was busy blogging I decided to take control of the soundtrack in the household. And for some strange reason I picked a bunch of moldy oldies which made me think of smoking pot, something I have not done recreationally for well over 20 years. I did smoke some pot once after I met Rob when I had a really bad migraine and I thought it might prevent a trip to the emergency room (and it worked, by the way.) Anyway, here's the soundtrack:
Free - Fire and Water
Humble Pie - Walk on Gilded Splinters
Trapeze - Seafull
UFO - Love to Love
Uriah Heep - The Wizard
Led Zeppelin - The Wanton Song
Deep Purple - Pictures of Home (played for Rob)
Deep Purple - Lazy (my favorite on this album)
--- Rob's turn at the controls ---
Trapeze - Keeping Time
Trapeze - Way Back to the Bone
Tool - Hooker with a Penis
Tool - Ænima
---my turn and with the introduction of Tool, old stoner rock goes out the window----
Helmet - Exactly What You Wanted
---then Rob pops in one more before he goes to bed--------
Motörhead - Ace of Spades
---I go to play a particular CD but am mystified by the disappearance of the entire stack of CDs beginning with the letter T. I decide to go with a band beginning with the letter R only to discover the stack of Rs are missing as well. Apparently Rob has mixed up all the piles and I decide any further selections will simply be the luck of the draw---
TSOL - Flowers at the Door
Rage Against the Machine - Bullet in the Head
Suicidal Tendancies - Send Me Your Money
System of a Down - Toxicity
Killing Joke - Pandemonium
--- INSERT TWILIGHT ZONE MUSIC HERE ----
Suddenly I develop a craving for cashews. I decide to drive to the nearest convenience store to buy said cashews. Now normally I do my best to never drive anywhere unless absolutely necessary. I work even harder to avoid driving at night. And I never drive after I've had more than two beers even though two beers is no where near the legal limit for my body weight even if I sucked them both down simultaneously. Yet, for some reason tonight I decide it's perfectly okay to drive to the store at 11 PM at night after having a few beers just to buy some cashews because it's so important that I MUST DO IT NOW. Now it's been about a year since I've eaten any cashews so maybe it's some sort of unconscious ritual that I need to eat cashews on April 12th. And I have this nagging feeling that the date of April 12th is significant even though I wasn't really aware of today's date until I was typing this part of the post and looked it up. But what the hell it would have to do with cashews or anything else for that matter is beyond me. Maybe it's nothing more than a flashback of the munchies, but either way, it just goes to show ya that life is really weird at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment