Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Flower in her hair, flowers everywhere...
The gardening has began. Sure, it's a bit of a late start, but I had pretty much given up on the whole idea until I noticed that I had Flowering Tobacco plants sprouting up in the old garden out front. The area is completely covered with grass and weeds that grew in during and after the remodel, but I managed to notice one, then two, then a six or so seedlings and on Sunday I sat down (literally) to begin the process of hand weeding around them. I didn't get very far since it was sunny that day and I forgot to wear a hat so my face sunburned in no time. However, I've got a dozen or so possible plants provided I didn't disturb them too much with my weeding. I cleared another small area tonight thinking I'd plant something else there, but I found more Flowering Tobacco. At this rate, I might have a front yard covered in Flowering Tobacco, but that's okay with me. My goal is a front yard filled with flowers which is a completely unrealistic goal given the Texas heat in the summers combined with my black thumb. But what the heck, I've nothing to lose by trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment