Saturday, April 02, 2005

Early to bed, early to rise...
It certainly hasn't made me healthy, wealthy or wise. It took me a while to figure out why this particular job was such a challenge because it isn't the first one I've had with a 7 AM report time. But it IS the first job I've had where I needed to be completely awake and on the ball the moment I clocked in. I'm hoping that as I get more experienced and the majority of the calls start being "routine" that I can start slacking on the whole bright-eyed and bushy-tailed requirement. I tested the waters a bit this week by sleeping in until 5:30 AM, but it was a failed experiment. Yesterday I woke up stupid which probably has more to do with the oak pollen levels than skipping an hour of "wake-up" time, but either way I made more mistakes in one morning than I usually make in a month. Fortuantly they were minor issues and laughed off by the managers, but it was enough to make me set the alarm clock back to 4:30. I suppose 5 months isn't nearly enough time to change a lifetime habit of being a slug in the mornings and maybe if I'm still doing this a year from now I'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. One can hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment