Tuesday, April 05, 2005

THIRTY POUNDS OF LIL' SMOKIES

I got a call from my son last night and he asked me if I would be willing to cook up 30 pounds of lil' smokies for the reception. Let me say that again...THIRTY pounds of lil' smokies.
I said "sure, I can do that". And then it hit me...THIRTY POUNDS of lil' smokies. Fucking pot heads. But the question is...grape jelly & bbq sauce or just plain old mesquite bbq sauce?
The other question is...how do you cook that many smokies? I figured it out. Pan fry 2 pounds at a time until sizzling...that's 15 times people. Boil and simmer sauce in a gigantic pot. I have a gigantic pot. Dump smokies in pot 2 pounds at a time. that's a butt load of lil' smokies...unless you got the munchies. HA!
The things we do for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment