Sunday, April 17, 2005

THE END IS NEAR

And the reason I know this is because of that show "Nashville Star". Now, call me crazy, but I was under the impression Nashville, musically anyway, was the home to all things
country. I'm aware that other kinds of musicians have recorded there, but by and large, it's Minnie Pearl's town and we're just tourists. Grand ol' opry and all that.
The question is this...Why is Brett Micheals ( singer for the hair band Poison ) a judge on Nashville Star? This boogles my mind and makes me sure that the end times are near.
Think about it for a minute,the guy who sang "unskinny Bop" is a judge on a show seeking the next "Nashville Star".
I have never seen the show...But I have seen the commercials, ad nauseum. Lee Ann Rhimes in back light...cut shots of Brett Micheals and the other judges, unflattering clips of hapless contestants hacking on each other. And Brett Micheals.Of Poison.POISON! Are you hearing me? Am I crazy? Did I just miss out that they were actually a country band?
They featured a duet with Brett and Lee Ann doing the Poison classic "Every rose has it's thorn" a couple of weeks back, and now I see that Brett and the finalists are gonna cover
that Poison classic " Nothin' but a good time ". Is a Cinderella cameo next for Nashville Star?
The balance has been broken, prepare yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment