Monday, April 11, 2005

AS LINDSAY BUCKINGHAM SAID IN THAT FLEETWOOD MAC SONG

" I think I'm in trouble".


"I think a walk in faith constantly confronts doubt, as faith becomes more mature. And you constantly confront, you know, questions. My faith is strong."
- Bunnypants
"There is no doubt in my mind there is a living God. And no doubt in my mind that the Lord, Christ, was sent by the Almighty. No doubt in my mind about that."
- Bunnypants, again

For more moronic quotes and religio-nutballery go read the whole article here .

This is the man that's running the country that the cabal would like you to believe is running the country. Religion and faith, in my opinion, are largely private matters.You share your faith with those who share it with you. That's why there are churches and mosques and synagogs. I can deal with the concept of spreading the faith and the message, but when someone tells you they aren't interested, bug off already. It's bad enough to have a variety of these people canvassing the neighborhood and handing out fliers.
But this is different. This is the (lets all chuckle together) "leader of the free world" spouting off about his faith, again. This is about the "government of the free world" gradually infusing the church into the state, right before our very eyes, and we can't close the door or hang up the phone or otherwise tell them to bug off.

And how does Bunnypants "know" these things? "He'll tell you he has "faith". What exactly is that you ask? Well, it's believing. In what? Faith. What's that? Believing". AAAAAGHHH!
See what I mean? Sometimes you might get "the bible tells me it's so", or "the scriptures say". And to that I say, Stephen King says old cars can come alive and kill people, but thatdoesn't make it true. Now, Stephen King is just a writer. What were the people that wrote the bible? They were writers, right? No, they were apostles. What's that? Followers of Jesus and his teachings. OK, but what makes them different from any other writer? Anybody can make shit up and write it down, right? No, the apostles were different. How so?
That's right, you guessed it. They had "faith". Oh, yeah. That. And you explained it so well.

I think the boys in XTC sum it up nicely in their song "Dear God"...

Dear God, hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image, see them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get enough to eat from God,
I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

Dear God, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on a lot of quotes in this book,
and us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look,
and all the people that you made in your image still believing that junk is true.
Well I know it ain't, and so do you, dear God,
I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown.
You're always letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you drown.
Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the whole world 'round.
The hurt I see helps to compound that Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon my sleeve.
If there's one thing I don't believe in

it's you....

Dear God.


No comments:

Post a Comment