Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day
For quite a few years now, I've filed our taxes on the 15th. This started because we always owed money, even though we both claimed M-0 on our W-4s. The joint income thing always left us screwed and there was no point in sending in a return early when you owed money. These days we get a refund because I always have extra money taken out above and beyond the tax table calculations they do at payroll time. But that "refund" just goes towards paying the back-taxes we owe from previous years so again there is no reason to file it any earlier than I have to. And I'm very thankful for the e-file capability we've been using for years now because I absolutely HATE driving to the mad-house that is the post office on the evening of April 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment