Friday, April 24, 2009

I'll never be a shop-a-holic
Last night I bought myself a pair of Teva's. I've wanted another pair of those for a long time, but they are not cheap. Not necessarily expensive either, but I'm just not one to spend money on myself. Last night I decided that I was to the point where it was as much of a need as a desire since my latest pair of sandals was falling apart (literally) and instead of buying some more cheap ones, I'd go ahead and spend the money on the good stuff. And when I did finally pay for them, it hit me just how ridiculous I am about putting off the purchase of things I want. You see, the demise of the last Teva pair occurred when one sandal disappeared. I never could find it and I decided that the dog had buried it in the backyard somewhere (though I never found a burial spot either.) That dog was Skeeter who has been dead for at least 10 years now. OMG, I waited TEN YEARS to replace my favorite shoes! Now I'm all in support of delayed gratification, but that's just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment