Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Now on Twitter
I had a nice three day weekend and in theory I should have awoke refreshed and renewed this morning before I headed off to the "new job duties" world of work. Except that I woke up at 4:30am to the sounds of Rob singing to Son Volt and couldn't go back to sleep. Instead of feeling refreshed, I was crabby and even snapped at Rob a bit, but fortunately that crabbiness wore off after two cups of coffee. I decided that since I had so much free time before leaving for work that I would finally sign up for Twitter. I had to come up with a user name and I couldn't come up with anything creative so I used the IM name I've had at work for the last 4-1/2 years. I figured that it might be retired there very soon, what, with all the changes going on and this would give it a way to live on somewhere. Back in the old days at work our user names were all 8 characters or less which worked fine while we were a small company. These days everyone gets a firstname.lastname user name except now we have so many employees with the exact same name that even that is getting to be a problem. After you get an rsmith, a smithr, a robert.smith and a smith.robert, you have to hope that next one has a middle name that you can throw in there. And given some of the user names I've seen lately, this might be something parents might want to consider when they pick that really weird middle name for their next child. I'm just saying...

P.S. If you want to find me on Twitter look for aclatten. And I really don't care anymore if people from work find this blog. Pppthpt.

No comments:

Post a Comment