Thursday, August 21, 2008

You spin me right 'round, baby right 'round
Augh, that song is stuck in my head from having heard it on the radio, but that line is so appropriate for what's going on. I had a really bad day at work yesterday due to an unpleasant encounter with upper management and I'm sure it's no coincidence that my lower back flared up later that evening. I haven't felt that kind of pain in months. I don't think I'm spinning all the way 'round to the back situation of months ago, but it was definately a wake-up call. It's silly that I would let Mr.I'm.So.Much.Better.Than.You get under my skin, especially knowing that he thinks all females are incompetent and that all workers older than him are losers. I've got two strikes against me before I even walk in his office so I'm an idiot to ever think we might have meaningful discourse. I've been actively looking for work, but not finding anything that would be an improvement. I'd happily go back to temp work if it involved office jobs, but based on my inquiries so far, it looks like I'd just be doing the same call center routine for a lot less money. At this point though, even that sounds like a viable alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment