Thursday, August 28, 2008

NO SWIMMING TONIGHT

Even though I talked about it all day.After 8 hours in the hottest building in North Austin-no power,no A/C and all glassed in already,trust me it's fucking hot.I wore a white T shirt today,and by 8:30 I had sweated through it and all my tats were showing through.
Then there was the drive-I mean crawl down MoPac-with no A/C in the car and the dinner to be prepared,by the time I got home from the grocery it was after 7 and the pool closes at 8.Fuck it,I'll do it tomorrow.
I'm doing the rough in-pipes and boxes-for data/comm and fire alarm systems-this is a huge building with lots of offices so to do a floor means the same thing over and over for 4 days per floor,faced with this kind of tedium I try to come up with faster more efficient ways of completing the task to keep it interesting and not lose my mind-so far so good.After tomorrow we have a 3 day weekend to look forward to-yes!
Speaking of the grocery...I continue my boycott of HEB and have been shopping at Randalls.We pay a bit more,but let me tell you-I have not been accosted by herds of unruly wb children and there mothers,there are no scraggly bum types lurking in the parking lot hitting me up for beer money and no crazy talking to themselves people wandering the aisles.It's worth it...shopping is a relaxing experience now instead of a psych hospital PTSD relapse.
But Irene got her car time and porch time tonight with more porch time to come as I head out to the grill to put on the steak (overtime!) and turn the corn.
I'm working out my holiday pictures for the calendar -I'm especially excited about October!

No comments:

Post a Comment