Wednesday, August 27, 2008

STACY POOL

I went swimming at Stacy pool this evening,it was awesome.I'm going again tomorrow,and the next day and the day after that.It was so relaxing.I can't believe I've lived within 10 minutes of this place,have walked my dogs in the park for 20 plus years and have never been swimming there-I guess I was just always a Barton Springs guy-or something.I did about 6 laps and had good conversation with some regulars.Then I just soaked,leaning on the deck-very cool.
Blueberry,over at Texas Oasis posted a song by Steve Earle from his Washington Square CD and it got me to thinking about old Steve...I love his music,and his career path is riddled with heartbreak and addiction and some of the most fabulous music ever created.He is a gifted songwriter,and riffing on BB,here's my offering to the school of Steve Earle.This song was originally written for (?) and done by Waylon Jennings-no slouch himself-but this version by Steve fucking rules.

"Six more missions-I'm gone"-my credo during the psych wars...

No comments:

Post a Comment