Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A GIFT FROM MY SON,CRAZY CAPS AND 45 DAYS (AND COUNTING) OF TRIPLE DIGIT HOTNESS

My son left this on the porch for me yesterday,he made it himself.He's an aspiring toy maker/film maker (in fact he's cast me in a film they are working on-since I look so hard core-:)-I'm a killer-who knew?)Anyhow,it's a riff on my love for turtles morphed with a turtle skull version of the old band logo of a skull in a top hat.It inspired me to clean off my desk to display it.You cant really see the detail,but he's got the joint wrinkles and articulation of a box turtles legs down.I love it.

I like odd caps-I bought this one a few years back at my corner Haji mart-funny that they would market stuff to the undocumented workers that cash their checks there every Friday,but these stores are teeming with mexi-centric merchandise-which makes it even funnier that a white trash mother fucker like me would dig it and buy it.I grew up with hispanic friends and absorbed some of the culture-so the appeal is not lost on me.

I found this cap at my new job site...totally mexican,on the back it says "escorpion"
in red letters.I know the dude that lost it is totally bummed,I found it in a ravine.
I also saw some road runners out for breakfast,but,dammit,my camera was at home,so you can't see one de-legging-winging a giant grass hopper like I did,he just looked at me,as if to say "how dare you interrupt my breakfast"?I haven't seen a road runner in years,so 2 in one morning was a real treat.
It's been so hot that Irene has not been getting her rides,but thanks to the hurricane making land fall,temperatures here were low enough this evening that she finally got her ride-she was killing me with that moon eye thing she does when I tell her she can't go.
And,finally,I have been working outside this week.The heat is killer,but the journeyman I'm working with is very cool-a bit odd,but I like odd.And I am still learning new things-the knowledge you can glean from all the different backgrounds and experiences of the union guys is astounding.When I turn out next year I will have a wealth of knowledge,thanks to those guys.
Alright,enough...time to eat dinner and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment