Friday, August 01, 2008

AQUAFEST

As I've posted previously,I have been in touch with my first wife via this here blog,email and the phone.We recently exchanged some pictures from our days together.
Now,while that's a basically private thing and I have no desire to exploit our new connection-I could not resist posting just one of the pictures she sent me because:
It's hysterical...we were so young...and,we look fucking awesome.

Plus it gives me a chance to tell a story.
Austin did this summer event for years called Aqua Fest.It ran for a solid week with theme nights.It was held on auditorium shores,a vast multi purpose city owned park (for lack of a better description).Aqua Fest was fun.They had "western night" as one of the themes.This picture was taken at western night in either 1978 or 79.
OK,So not really so much of a story-more an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment