Friday, August 01, 2008

Time for the BIG heat
It's August and that's traditionally the hottest month of the year around these parts. After such an incredibly hot summer with the hottest June on record and the 7th hottest July on record, I wouldn't be surprised to see us set even more records in August. It's odd because usually around this time of year I'm thinking about the beginning of the really hot weather, but now August seems more like the light at the end of the tunnel, the beginning of the end. In a few weeks (or three or four) we'll be over the hump and starting a downward trend. And this will probably the first year in my life that I won't be sad to see summer slowly disappearing during September. Because this one folks, has been brutal with 38 days that were 100+ degrees this year so far and we are likely to add plenty more this month. I don't think it will be enough to make me welcome winter the way Rob does, but I might be a bit more forgiving when that first really cold front blows in and has me digging in the closet for my winter coat (though that might not be until January.)

No comments:

Post a Comment