Friday, August 22, 2008

JUST WANTED TO JOT A FEW THOUGHTS DOWN

Happy birthday Dad-I still miss you and think about you every day.

After 2 weeks plus in the grueling Texas sun digging holes and ditches,I'm happy to report that I am still alive and,despite the heat and the rain and the nasty port-o-let,I've enjoyed the experience.

Ann is having a shittier than usual time at her job recently,but it hasn't infected our home life,beyond her being bummed out-surely a dream job is just around the corner for her-she deserves it.Or to win the Lotto!

I saw my doctor today-the billing department was falling all over itself apologizing to me for a clerical error on my billing information-now,whether this was a result of me paying them or true remorse,who knows,but they kissed up regardless.
And the really good news-my blood pressure was 122/78 !!! I've put on a few pounds,but my doctor commented that it's probably muscle mass and that I looked broader in the shoulders-heh-heh...Hooray hard work and exercise and moderation.

Theo can't hold his bladder through the night anymore,he wakes me ever so gently between 3 and 4 in the morning to let him out to pee.A bit annoying,but then I think "what if I had to pee really badly and someone else had the key to the bathroom"?I drag my ass out of bed and let him out.*
*And stand on the deck while he takes care of business because his vision is not so good anymore either and I think he's afraid of the dark.

My foreman-who is old school and crusty-gave me props today,and said I was welcome on any of his jobs anytime.He commented on my 3 1/2 years experience as "a good 3 1/2 years"-Very cool coming from him.

Got another time and a 1/2 Saturday tomorrow-woo hoo!Like Ann always says...it'll always work out some how.

And finally- It's really nice to know how many people out there care about me-in general and to my latest medical challenge...you know who you are,thanks a bunch.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment