Tuesday, August 19, 2008

POLE LIGHTS


A lot of this work has been outdoors-it's a parking lot expansion.We had to hang these pole lights (20 ft. tall) using a bucket truck to hoist them up then guide them to the pedestal stab 'em in and bolt them down.Since I can't operate the bucket truck (yet),I was the ground man-even though we did this in a steady drizzle,it was still a cool experience.I believe the foreman has a lot to do with it as well.
Take the last job I was on...I was late several times (I'm never late) and even took a sick day when I could of (and usually do) suck it up and go in.I just didn't like the way the job was being run or how the foreman treated the IJ's and apprentices.
I have not been late once or missed any time on this job,even though it has involved some back breaking work and shitty weather.
I enjoy working for this foreman-he vetted me on what I knew and has let me go for it,he's open to suggestions and busts his ass right along side us.Very cool.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Doctor update...
I finally got my meds this afternoon,but not after a very annoying and protracted go round with the billing department.Thanks to some overtime,I'll be able to square up with them when I go in for an appointment on Friday afternoon.
All this dude focused on was the money.The good doctor and I are going to have a chat about that-of that you can be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment