Saturday, March 24, 2007

Not nude yet
It was hot today, though balmy by summer standards in Austin (but it's not summer yet!) Warm enough still, that I felt really hot on the way home from work. The temperature is always cold where I work (helps out the computers) and I get adjusted to that only to get in my car afterwards where I have no working A/C and a driver's side window that no longer rolls down due to my own convoluted thinking - too busy/lazy to fix it myself, yet refuse to spend the money to take something to the shop that I can fix myself. Anyway, I was feeling pretty toasty by the time I got home and peeled off my clothes and looked around for the coolest thing possible to wear. Seems silly, but I still haven't become used to wandering around in the nude even though I tried it when it was the hottest of the hot part of the summer and we were not running the A/C to save money. Rob seems to think nothing of wandering around nekked at times (and I confess that I rather enjoy that trait of his.) I haven't quite achieved that freedom of mind, but I was in luck, having lost enough weight to fit into some inexpensive, on-sale thingies of the XXL variety - I'm not sure what you call these - sleepware, camisoles, babydolls... something like that, but they cover enough to make me feel comfortable (though I certainly wouldn't wander out of the house wearing them.) I have a hard time finding clothes that fit, even sleepware. I'm a big gal and even at a rib-showing, protruding hipbones weight of 150 pounds I can barely squeeze into a size 12. Add to that a very long waist coupled with relatively short legs for someone who is 5'9" and you have a clothes shopping nightmare. Throw on an extra 65 pounds gained while sitting at desk jobs for 15 hours a day for the last 20 years and it becomes a shopping horror movie. The people that design plus size clothing for the less affluent need to be shot. That stuff is just down right awful. And even if I do manage to lose more weight, what's available in a healthy for me size of 16 or 18 is just as bad if I want to find things that are affordable. So who knows, maybe the best solution is to just get more comfortable being nude and join a nudist colony. That would certainly put my clothes shopping woes to rest. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment