Wednesday, March 21, 2007

DUDE...YOU SMELL LIKE P.O...


I started wearing patchouli oil when I was in high school...it went like this: Teacher/administrator:Rev...you smell like marijuana...are you hopped up on pot? Me: Nah man.....(long pause)......I'm wearin' patchouli oil man...
T/A: Oh...OK...Sorry...go on to class (complete with that "God damn itI KNOW that filthy hippy freak is stoned out of his mind but he got me on the "patchouli offense"...little bastard.
Then,for a long time I didn't smoke weed,but I still wore the old P oil cause I liked the smell.
Then one day in supervision when I was on the crisis intervention team at the oaks my boss asked me if I was smoking weed and I said nah man I wear patchouli (only this time it was true and not a lie to hide my wanton ways)and my boss explained that a therapist working at the facility had approached him with concerns that I "smelled like pot". My boss was very cryptic, he would show us samurai films for training..he was awesome. He made some references to the therapist as a "tempest in a teapot"(Whatever that means,I never figured it out but I think it has something to do with calling a kettle black) but advised me to not wear the offending oil at work anymore.
So I put the patchouli down.A clear indication of my dedication to my team,the craft and the facility.Sure...I've had relapses...I have worn(or is it "abused")? the old PO a few times in the last 15 years.
Sue me.It beats the hell out of old spice or Lilac Vegital.
Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment